Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Vic Falls

We went to Victoria Falls. There were people everywhere who are trying to sell you stuff. It’s fun to haggle with them…in fact they want you to. They are so desperate to sell you something that even if you don’t haggle them down they keep dropping the price. We were offered a carved stone hippo for $15ea and soon the price dropped to $7 for three! No kidding, that’s what happened to us! I enjoyed it so much, getting bargains everywhere. I got a wire baobab tree for $10 when in the gift shop it was $40! I was foolish enough to buy a one hundred trillion dollar note (which is worth $1), but the man tried to convince me to buy it for $15. I ended up bringing him down to $5. I’m going to frame it.

On our second day at Vic Falls, we went to the Falls itself. We (unwisely) hired only 3 raincoats and went in. We got soo wet. It looked like we’d taken a shower in our clothes! Even those of us wearing raincoats got drenched. The spray drenched us so much. Mum got a bit sick of it, even though she was wearing a raincoat, so we didn’t go all the way. The only way to describe the falls is majestic. And massive. It was ginormous and we only saw a quarter of it! The picture is only a tenth of it!!!!!!

We also went on a river cruise and saw 11 elephants and 5 hippos. I got a bottle of water and drank it really quick so that Dad could get some Zambezi River water into it. I now have 500ml of Zambezi water. Dad said there is a brand of beer called Zambezi so he will get some and stick the label on my water bottle. The water is so clear, you’d think it’s shop water. (I’m not going to drink it).  
I LOVE Victoria Falls!
 Abigail

1 comment:

  1. Hello Abigail, we think that you could be the international marketing person for Victoria Falls, you wrote so well we felt like we were there! Although thankfully, we are dry! It sounds as though you really got into the swing of the haggling. What a fabuluous idea to create your own bottled Zambezi water. John's parents are going to the falls in a few weeks so we will be sure to tell them to hire enough raincoats! Lots of love from Wendy, John, Sunday and Mossi xo

    ReplyDelete